Tuesday 19 April 2016

The Best Laid Plans.....

   ...go oft astray!! I had the best of intentions to continue blogging and it came to naught.
However, as the old saying goes...try, try, try again! I am sure that that is why the Bible
tells us that "the Lord's mercies are new every morning" because we all stumble and
bumble and need a new day to get back on track. Sunset, sunrise. Thank goodness!
   I am enjoying our new home and feeling more settled everyday. I have been blessed
with some new friends and so glad that my "old" friends still keep in touch and we
continue to do life together. Maybe not as daily - we can't go for walks and see each other
every week - but our hearts are knit together and we look forward to stepping out of time
and being able to enjoy life  together forever!
   I have come to terms with the fact that I am officially middle aged. Bummer, but true!
I have to watch that, as my mother says, I am not "mutton dressed like lamb" by wearing a
style that is too young and I am finding that I can't take life quite as lightly as I did in years
gone by. I am aware of the importance of my daily choices in a way that I never saw them
before and am sobered by how fast the days go by. On the other hand, some things just don't
bother me anymore like they used to and I appreciate kindness more than I used to. I hope that
others find me kind. I don't want my kids to be glad when I have gone home to Heaven
because I was cranky and rigid and selfish. Actually, that keeps me up at night sometimes.
   Another child is getting married! That will make 3. 3? How can that be? My poor husband
is getting used to a house full of girls but I think he still misses the boys to even things up!
I am thrilled to tell you that we still have our girl with us. She is still battling for her health, but
I see God moving and using her story to bless others. She has compassion for many and is slowly
but surely beginning to find her way. I am so proud of her and so thankful that she is still with
us. I know that she would love to be on her own and making her way in the world, but it is
coming....and for now I am glad she is with us and getting ready to fly - in a good way.
It's a funny old world.  I hope to keep scribbling....:)


No comments:

Post a Comment